Become a STEM HOUSE TEACHER
What is STEM HOUSE?
STEM HOUSE (Hands On University School Engagement) is a practicum-based course designed for both science majors interested in teaching and potential teachers from liberal studies and other majors who would like experience teaching science to children. In this course, students will explore several "big ideas" in science and design engaging, hands-on lessons to allow elementary school students to explore these ideas. You will have the opportunity to teach small groups of elementary schoolers in a supportive, team-teaching environment on the SFSU campus. This course allows you to investigate children's learning, explore teaching as a career option, and use your science knowledge to improve the educational experience of children from throughout the SF Bay area.
- Prerequisites (upper division standing)
- ALL majors welcomed
- Undergraduate students are highly encouraged to register
- Must be SFSU student
Interested in becoming a STEM HOUSE Teacher in Fall 2015? Follow these simple steps:
1) Register and Add the STEM HOUSE course
2) Email Jmchan@sfsu.edu to confirm you are participating.
2) Check your e-mail on a regular basis for updates.