Climate Change Scholars Program
The Climate Change Scholars program's goals are to:
- Increase the numbers of students completing bachelor’s degree programs in fields related to climate change studies.
- Increase the number of underrepresented students who study climate change science.
- Increase the interest in climate change science across SF State University.
- Enrich the educational experience of environment relevant majors.
- Provide academic and professional development support for environment relevant majors.
- Increase the opportunities for dialogue about climate change science and its impacts, and encourage communication about science to broader communities.
Benefits of The Program Include:
- Financial support up to $3,300/semester
- Participation in climate change research on campus.
- Membership in a community of scholars in Climate Change research
- Opportunities to participate in summer internships
- Special advising and professional development to support your academic progress
- Particpation in climate change research 4-8 hours a week during the semester
- Particpation in the Climate Change Scholars Seminars on Fridays from 3-5PM
- 1-2 semester meetings with a scholarship advisor
Students must be full-time undergraduate students majoring in a relevant major connected to climate change science (earth & climate science, geography & environment, chemistry & biochemistry, biology, mathematics, and engineering majors are encouraged to apply); be within two years of completing a Bachelor’s degree; be available to participate in the FRIDAY 3:00-5:00pm seminar series; be eligible for financial aid as verified by the financial aid office; and be a US citizen, permanent resident, national or alien admitted as a refugee admitted under section 207 of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
Climate Change Scholars Faculty
Please visit our Climate Change Scholars faculty page to learn about those that support our program and their departments
For more information about the CSME Climate Change Scholars Program please contact Jamie Chan at email@example.com