Overview: Founded in 1981, The Energy Coalition (a non-profit 501 (c) 3 corporation) facilitates, develops and supports programs that empower energy consumers to practice smart energy management. One of the Energy Coalition’s core programs is the PEAK Student Energy Actions Program. PEAK is designed to provide youth with the knowledge and skills to manage energy use in their homes, schools, and communities. PEAK’s comprehensive, standards-based environmental education program was awarded the 2010 Governor’s Environmental and Economic Leadership. Award for the best children’s environmental education program in the State of California.
Job Description: (Full -Time Position)
Under the direction of the Project Manager, the Project Coordinator’s role is to provide comprehensive administrative and implementation support for the continued success of The Energy Coalition’s PEAK Student Energy Actions program.
• Coordinate, support and lead educational school events, often with large audiences.
• Successfully implement project initiatives as assigned.
• Schedule, coordinate and support events, campaigns and meetings.
• Manage program vendors.
• Conduct post-project follow-up.
• Manage relationships with teacher participants.
• Schedule, coordinate, and document staff and partner meetings.
• Coordinate and attend recruitment meetings with school staff and administrators.
• Lead marketing and outreach initiatives.
• Create and distribute communications, such as e-newsletters.
• Develop and produce of marketing and outreach materials.
• Maintain organization of program files (online and hardcopy).
• Lead ongoing program development and evaluation projects.
• Data entry and analysis of program information.
• Produce regularly scheduled updates and reports on the progress of assigned projects.
• Provide comprehensive support to The Energy Coalition activities as directed.
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- Four years of applicable work experience in the field.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs is required.
- Must be available to work outside of regular business hours.
- Vehicle for travel between cities for meetings and events.
- Valid driver’s license and insurance.
Salary: $40,000-50,000 DOE, plus benefits
Send your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to Leah Anderson at: email@example.com
In the writing sample, please write a persuasive letter to a principal with the goal of enrolling teachers at his/her school in a supplementary education program. Please write about a program with which you are familiar or feel free to create one. Letter should be no longer than one page.
Application Deadline: June 22nd, 2011
Interviews will take place in early July. Projected start is August 15th.