SFUSD: Upcoming Events and Announcements
Upcoming SFUSD Recruitment Events
1. SFUSD SpEd Panel & Networking Event
Wednesday, 2/18 – 4-6pm
Everett Middle School – 450 Church Street, San Francisco
If you currently hold a credential in Special Education or if your Special Education credential is in progress, we invite you to join us for this unique recruitment event. At this event, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Hear from current San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) Special Education teachers about their experiences;
- Learn more about our Special Education program and areas where you can teach;
- Network with school site administrators who are hiring at their schools for the upcoming 2015-16 school year;
- Speak with Human Resources’ staff regarding the application and hiring process.
2. Upcoming Events – Save the Date
- Tuesday, March 3rd, SFUSD Interview Event, 4pm-6:30pm
- Monday, March 16th, SFUSD SpED Panel & Networking Event, 4pm-6:00pm
- Thursday, March 19th, SFUSD Bilingual Recruitment Event, 4-6:30pm
- Wednesday, March 25th SFUSD Interview Event, 4-6:30pm
Willie Brown, Jr. Middle School Openings – Join our team!
Become a founding teacher at Willie Brown, Jr. Middle School (WBMS), a brand new public middle school in the historic Bayview Community of San Francisco. We are looking for committed, passionate, and creative teachers to educate children in a STEM focused academic program. In the fall of 2015 we will enthusiastically welcome our pioneering class of 200 excited and motivated sixth graders.
Currently, we have openings for English Language Arts, Social Science, Science, PE, Health, SpEd: Mild/Moderate, and Math teachers for the 2015-16 SY. We also have a STEM Coordinator/Teacher on Special Assignment and an Engineering teacher position open. Full job descriptions are also posted in SearchSoft. We will be conducting interviews and site visits in the next few weeks. You can also get a virtual tour of the new WBMS here: https://wbms-sfusd-ca.schoolloop.com/.
If you can’t attend one of our in-person recruitment events but want to learn more about our application and hiring process, join us for an upcoming webinar. You’ll also have the opportunity on these webinars to ask questions of our HR recruiters.
SFUSD Candidate Application Webinar
Tuesday, February 24, 2015
3:30 – 5:00 pm (PST)
Please RSVP here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1981639174980864001
In the Certificated Application Session, we’ll take an in-depth look at our application and share some helpful tips to ensure your application is complete and best represents your experience, interests, and skills. We’ll also leave time to answer your questions about working in SFUSD. Space is limited, reserve your webinar seat by clicking on the link above. We’ll be holding webinar sessions throughout the spring and summer. Please check back on our website for future dates. After registering, you’ll receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Grace Pun at
1. PDF – 2015-16 SY Special Education Event Flyer_021815